Monday, November 30, 2009

with a thankful heart

This picture was taken on Thanksgiving just 4 days ago, and my heart is so thankful that I got to take this picture. This is my husband, my precious man that God has given me the gift of being his wife! I was especially thankful this year, because we are still together. My friends, our God is so good. He is good, He is good, He is good!!! I thank God everyday for this red bearded man! Boy, have I missed him! Its so nice to just look at him. I think he might think I'm a little strange because sometimes when he sleeps I just look at him. His freckles, all of the colors in his beard the random white hairs and dark black hairs, his eye lashes and how they curl at the end his little nose, his culdesacs they way he twitches when he is falling asleep... yeah, writing that makes me feel like a creep, but its been awhile so I soak up every second I get to spend with him. I have missed him. His laugh, the way I think pretty much everything he says is hilarious, the faces he makes, the words he uses, his silly little dance moves. I enjoy riding in the truck next to him, singing the country songs he likes, making him dinner, rubbing his back, scratching his head and kissing his cheeks. I get to love him. I don't have to, I get to! I am so thankful to God for this man! He is such a good man, and watching the Lord change him, grow in him and make him new, is something beautiful! and then, watching as God uses him in our marriage, to be the head, to be the leader is wonderful. God is so so good!
I am thankful that God was my strength to persevere and wait for this man. That God has revealed so much to me. That God has given me this deep love and a strong desire to be the best wife I can be.
I know I will make mistakes, I know I still have so much to learn, but I also know the feeling of almost loosing the most important person in my life. I know how it feels to think, "i should have" or "if only"... not this time.
I am so excited to see how the Lord uses our story, our journey, my prayer is that God will always be glorified, in our success and in our failure.
This thanksgiving there was so much to be thankful for, new chances, new beginnings, a restored union, love & God's...
Grace & Forgiveness
and for those two I am so thankful

1 comments:

molly june. said...

i know i don't know you that well..yet :) but everytime i see you, you radiate jesus! you are a beautiful girl with such a beautiful heart. thanks for sharing your story. our God is soso good!! <3