Monday, September 21, 2009

ripples.

My dear friend has this book called Streams in the desert, or something like that, It has an encouraging passage for each day of the year and everyday before I leave the house I pick it up and read the passage for the day... Well the begining of this entry started with this... "When we are waiting..." ugh. waiting. I closed the book and put it back on the table... but something in me, (my loving father) was like, go, read it! So before I left I went back and read it... This is what really stood out to me.

"For God's vision to be impressed on our hearts, we must sit in stillness at His feet for quite a long time. Remember the troubled surface of a lake will not reflect an image."
It just painted the most beautiful picture in my mind... I have heard of a couple things that really brought sorrow and pain to my heart the past couple of days. Things that leave me feeling heartbroken, abandoned and hurt... But I am reminded to sit before the Lord, and while these things are like a bunch of rocks being thrown into a lake, like many little ripples, I see the need for quiet. God speaks in the stillness of our hearts, in the quiet of our day....
1Kings 19:11-12
"Go out and stand before me on the mountain" the Lord said. And as Elijah stood there the Lord passed by, and a mighty windstorm hit the mountain. It was such a terrible blast that the rocks were torn loose, but the Lord was not in the wind. After the wind there was an earthquake but the Lord was not in the earthquake. And after the earthquake there was a fire, but the Lord was not in the fire. And after the fire there the sound of a gentle whisper."
God is in the stillness and quiet. This is where my heart gets full of His love and His grace. This is when He continues to shape me and mold me. Where He is continuing to create in me a new woman, the woman He had in mind when He thought of me. This is where I can take all of the ripples in my life and there the Lord makes the waters still, and I see His heart, and where His heart is, is where I want my heart to be.
Seek Him, find Him in the quiet.

0 comments: