Sunday, March 28, 2010

how is seattle?
























































Life in Seattle, well... its wonderful! We absolutely LOVE it here!! Lets see, the fist couple of days we got here, we meant business!!! we unpacked the whole house, cleaned and got settled, I burned my awesome new candle that my lovely Jenn got me! It fills my house with the delicious scent of soy so YUMMY!! we also got down to business, applying places, updating our resumes, and searching for jobs! We pretty much burnt ourselves out with all of the serious talk, we needed a fun day! So we went out on Saturday with our friends Willy and Ali and there boys (which we LOVE) to downtown Seattle! It was so fun, the day started with an lovely hike up 3rd! I know this might not sound like much but 3rd is the street where people train on the bikes, it is a really REALLY steep hill! I needed a puffer once we got to the top, but the whole walk was worth it when we made it to Cafe Fiore, it is a delicious organic coffee house! it is so cozy in there and the coffee is amazing!!! After our yummy coffee we caught the bus downtown! We cruised through the market, and walked down by the water! I love that in seattle you see all kinds of people!! people watching here is so much better then the Promenade Mall, seriously you see some awesome things! we saw a crazy lady jammin with her busted up boom box, another interesting lady with a mink on and shorts throwing bread to the birds, and a gang of gangsta ladies smoking somethin... but its fun! and really you only see the weirdos in downtown, our neighborhood is really nice, family friendly! anywhooo, we ate lunch at red robin on the pier, it was super yummy and the boys loved their balloons! its fun hangin with the brav fam, not only do we absolutely LOVE them (willy and ali) we also LOVE their boys!! Its giving Jeff and I a good lesson in kiddos! I love watchin Jeff with them, Jo loves him its pretty much love/hate :)
We walked around some more and found our way to Anthropologie where the sign read "Hiring Sales Associates" ding ding ding, wheres the applications???? so tomorrow Im taking it in with my resume, wish me luck!! who wants a discount!!!! :)
After finding some awesome new tights and three coat hangers at Urban Outfitters, we hopped on the bus and headed home!!
It was a lovely day of city seeing :)
Today was even better!! church at Mars Hill, what beats that?? getting some good foundational bible teachin, then on to community group gathering! We are so excited getting plugged in here, the people are fantastic!! We have met so many great people and have never felt more accepted and welcomed by a church EVER!!
I also got a new bike!! i LOVE it!!! I got to go on a ride with Willy and Jeff (they are Lance Jr's) to REI in downtown, there were two (GIGANTIC) semi big hills that I made it up!! all i thought as my legs were on FIRE was "be gone cellulite!!!" woooo, you all just wait im gonna get in shape!
Seattle=Love
toodaloooo xoxoxo

0 comments: